Step By Step Instructions On How To Disable Windows Defender In Windows 10
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to put together these items before taking implementation action on the tutorial to ensure success. These items are as follows :
1) A desktop or laptop PC with Windows 10 installed..
1) Open the WINDOWS SETTINGS app and go to UPDATE & SECURITY
2) Click on the WINDOWS SECURITY tab and click on VIRUS & THREAT PROTECTION
3) Click on MANAGE SETTINGS and set the REAL TIME THREAT PROTECTION switch to OFF
4) To disable WINDOWS DEFENDER permanently, press WINDOWS + R, type in “regedit.msc” and press ENTER.
5) Got to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\POLICIES\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS DEFENDER.
6) Right click on WINDOWS DEFENDER and click on NEW > DWORD (32 BIT) VALUE
7)You will see a new blue and white file entry being added in the “WINDOWS DEFENDER” folder. enter “DisableAntiSpyware” as the file name and press enter.
8)You will see a new blue and white file entry being added in the “WINDOWS DEFENDER” folder. enter “DisableAntiSpyware” as the file name and press enter.
9) Double click on the new “DisableAntiSpyware” Dword file youve just created and enter 1 in the “VALUE DATA” field. Press the “OK” button to apply changes.
Step 1 : Disable Windows Defender From The Windows 10 Settings App
1) Power up your computer, login and launch the start menu, or click on the Windows key on your keyboard.
7) Here you’l see Real-time protection, cloud-delivered protection and ransomware protection settiongs. Under “REAL-TIME PROTECTION” change the switch button from its ON position to OFF position and click YES when prompted.
– (OPTINAL) disable Windows Defender’s “CLOUD-DELIVERED PROTECTION” by changing the switch button under the “CLOUD-DELIVERED PROTECTION” heading from “ON” to “OFF”
– Windows Defender will turn itself back on the next time you restart your computer.
Step 2 : Disable Windows Defender (Permanently)
9) Next browse to the Windows Defender registry location. To do so follow these steps :
a)Expand the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” folder by double-clicking it
b) Expand the “SOFTWARE” folder.
c) Scroll and expand the “POLICIES” folder.
d) Expand the “MICROSOFT” folder.
e) Click on the “WINDOWS DEFENDER” folder.