How To Make Money At Home Effortlessly By Selling Your Internet Bandwidth On The Mysterium Decentralized Network.
In order to complete this tutorial successfully, the following is a list of items that may be needed or required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implemantaion action on this tutorial:
1) A desktop, laptop or virtual machine with atleast 4GB RAM, a dual core processor and atleast 50GB of free disk space
2) Any of the following operating systems: Windows, MacOS or Linux
3) An Etherium crypto wallet
4) An unlimited internet data plan
5) A myst node.
NB: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TUTORIAL IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE.
1) What is the mysterium network and how does it work
2) How to setup a crypto wallet to receive myst coins.
3) How to setup a myst node on Windows , MacOS and Linux
4) How much can you make in a month, is it worth it?
5) It is safe for me to do this, will my internet connection be blacklisted/banned?..
1) What is the mysterium network and how does it work
In order to gain a clear understanding of how the mysterium network works, we’l first take a look at how a traditional private VPN network service works. The main purpose of a VPN service such as NORDVPN is to secure your internet traffic so that internet service providers cannot see what you are browsing for on the internet and also to allow you to gain access to geo blocked internet content such as shows on HBO and NETFLIX. Using a VPN application to connect to the internet also helps to keep your internet data private and secure, it also protects you from threats such as hackers and snoopers as well as government restrictions and oversight.
Basically a user installs a VPN client application and pays for a subscription on the VPN client application. Whenever the user browses for content on the internet, requests are relayed through the VPN client application to the VPN SERVICE PROVIDERS servers. The servers then place requests for the requested internet content on behalf of the user and delivers the content back to the user via the VPN app.
The diagram on the right depicts how a VPN application such as NORDVPN works.
However the challenge of using a privately owned and operating VPN service such as NORDVPN is that the IP addresses and systems that they use can be identified and tracked. So if a service such as HBO or NETFLIX wants to block private VPN traffic they simply need to track and block all internet traffic originating from IP addresses owned by a service such as NORDVPN..
This is where the MYSTERIUM DECENTRALIZED NETWORK comes in. It is essentially a decentralized, permissionless people powered VPN network that has no central point of control. Almost anyone can join the network as an end user and also as a node runner. This makes it difficult for apps and internet services to block traffic and promotes the democritization of the internet.
3) So how does the mysterium decentralized network actually work? A user downloads and sets up a the mysterium vpn app on their mobile device, laptop or desktop. The application makes it possible to browse for sensored and restricted content on the internet and the user only pays for what they use.
When a user places a request for content, the mysterium network automatically selects the best node that can deliver that content. The node receives and processes the request then delivers the content to the vpn user using its own bandwidth and IP address. The mysterium network has no direct control of the node, its bandwidth, availability, uptime or IP address and this is the key factor that makes the network highly decentralized.
A node can be hosted in a home, on a rasberry pi, laptop, desktop, in a large data centre or in a corporate business. To set up a node, you simply install the mysterium software on an internet connected & supported device, continously run the node 24 / 7 or as long as possible using your IP address and bandwidth and ultimately earn some myst coin based on shared bandwidth and time.
Earnings are based on your region, the amount of bandwidth and time you can contribute to the network. The more users who connect to your stable node, the higher your earning potential.
2) How to setup a crypto wallet to receive myst coins
8) The next step is to secure your crypto wallet, click on NEXT and take note of your secret recovery phrase..
Click on next and verify your secret phase by selecting each word in the right order. Once youv done that, click on CONFIRM.
9) To access your metamask wallet, click on the METAMASK icon on the top rigth corner on your browser window, if you are using FIREFOX.
If you are using google chrome, click on the APPS icon and click on the METAMASK icon.
When the browser plugin opens, you will instantly see your ETH balance as well as the USD value of the ETH that you have in your account.
3) How To Setup A MYST Node on Windows , MacOS and Linux.
10) To setup a myst node, click HERE to go to the mysterium network sign up page. Click on GET STARTED and click on CREATE AN ACCOUNT.
Enter your email and password and the spaces provided and click on SIGN UP. a verification link will be sent to your email address..
Open your email click and click on the link that was sent to verify your mystnode account.
13) Installation instructions for how to setup the myst node software on your computer will be displayed.
If you are deploying on a Windows or MacOS click on the DOWNLOAD MACOS INSTALLER or DOWNLOAD WINDOWS INSTALLER link.
If you face any challenges with the mysterium installer, alternatively you can download and install docker desktop on your computer then run the following command in the windows command line interface or MacOS terminal to install the myst node:
docker run –cap-add NET_ADMIN -d -p 4449:4449 –name myst -v myst-data:/var/lib/mysterium-node mysteriumnetwork/myst:latest service –agreed-terms-and-conditions..
14) If you are using a laptop or desktop with a debian based operating system such as Linux Ubuntu, open the terminal application and run the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mysteriumnetwork/node
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install myst
Once the installation is complete, check your service status:
sudo systemctl status mysterium-node.service
15) If you chose to setup your myst node using docker, open the docker dashboard and click on the OPEN IN BROWSER button.
If you using the myst node installer, open up your web browser and enter the following address in the browser address bar:
18) Enter your METAMASK ETHERIUM wallet address on the DEFAULT WITHDRAWALL ADDRESS input field and click on NEXT.