Learn How To Deploy Fedora 32 Workstation On VMware ESXi 6.0 In Less Than 10 Minutes.
Fedora 32 Workstation edition is an open source operating system designed for usage on laptops and desktop computers. It comes with an all new and improved GNOME 3 user interface thats designed to be easy to use. Fedora 32 Workstation also comes with a full feature set of software developer tools so you can start writing code right after you install it. Fedora 32 workstation also comes with support for running virtual machines, containers and can even be installed in almost any physical, virtual, on-premise or cloud environment. Continue reading this tutorial to learn how to deploy Fedora 32 Workstation edition on a VMware ESXi 6.0 virtual machine (VM).
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial:
1) The Fedora 32 Workstation disk image file (ISO)
2) Access to a VMware ESXi 6.0 server with access rights to create and run virtual machines.
3) A desktop or laptop with a web browser to access the VMware ESXi web console
4) VMware Workstation, Fusion or Remote Console for accessing the fedora GUI through a remote console connection.
1) An overview of Fedora 32 workstation minimum system requirements and go to the official fedora download page to download the fedora 32 disk image file.
2) Launch any web browser installed on your PC, open the VMware ESXi web console and upload the Fedora ISO file to the DATASTORE
3) Create a new virtual machine and install fedora 32 using the ISO file.
4) Complete the Fedora deployment by installing fedora updates as well as VMware tools for Fedora 32.
Step 1: Minimum System Requirements And Download Fedora 32 Workstation.
1) In order to run fedora successfully the following are the minimum system requirements:
GRAPHICS CARD: Intel prior to GMA9xx / NVIDIA prior to NV30 (GeForce FX5xxx series) / Radeon prior to R300 (Radeon 9500)
DISPLAY: 800 X 600
PROCESSOR: 1GHz or faster.
PLEASE note that these requirements are based on what we deem as what you will need for best experience and may differ from whats stated on the official fedora website and on the version of fedora.
2) Click HERE to go to the official fedora download page where you can download the Fedora 32 Workstation ISO file. Click on the FEDORA 32: x86_64 DVD ISO DOWNLOAD button. Please note that the ISO file for fedora 32 workstation is about 1.8GB in size.